Website powered by

Roman | A Monster Project [2023]

This year, I got to be a part of something truly amazing for the third time in a row—the "A Monster Project"! It's a blast that combines kids' creativity with the artistic skills of illustrators to bring the most unique and imaginative monsters to life!

Watching those young artists create their own monster designs is always a thrill. Their ideas are out of this world, and it's incredible how their personalities shine through in their creations.

My monster was made by a cool kid named Shalev. I met him for the first time at the big reveal, where each kid got a printed copy of their monster. The excitement on their faces when they opened the envelope to see their very own monster, crafted by an artist, was priceless!

I did everything on my trusty iPad Pro 2018 using Procreate at 300DPI (A4 size). But let me tell you, it wasn't all smooth sailing. I had to find workarounds because of technical limitations. That meant a lot of flattening and duplicating files, just so I'd have a "history" to go back to if needed.

Unfortunately, my iPad froze and even crashed during the process several times as the graphics were pretty heavy, but eventually, I kept going and finally finished the project. And let me tell you, I'm super glad I did!

I made a short clip that shows the entire process, and I can't wait to share it with you.

Thanks for being a part of my journey!

The before and after ;)

The before and after ;)

The original monster | by Shalev

The original monster | by Shalev